As Earth Churns…27a. The Throne Room

God and Jesus sat in the Throne Room in deep discussion with Michael, head of the angel army, and several other key angels including Gabriel, Allen, and Rafael. Suddenly the door banged open and in rushed messenger angel Zerub with Enoch in tow. They were both breathing heavily as though they had been racing for quite a distance. The new arrivals hurried forward and stopped before the Father’s throne standing rigidly at attention.

Zerub was the first to speak nearly shouting  between breaths, “Messenger Angel Zerub and human Enoch reporting as ordered, Sir!”

The Father responded, “ I believe the term in earth lingo of the future is, ‘At ease.’ Rafael, it seems that article you wrote in the Heavenly Herald about military traditions among mankind of the future has caught on.”

“In my defense may I say it was Michael’s idea,” Rafael stated.

Michael retorted, “I just wanted to know about earth armies of the future. I asked Jesus to use his omniscience to share some military traditions. Then I told Rafael and he thought it would make an interesting article.”

God continued, “That’s fine, everyone. I liked the article as well. You know I don’t always choose to use my omniscience to know everything about everything even though I could. Gabriel, one of the traits you and Jesus instilled in mankind at creation was curiosity and the enjoyment of being surprised. Where do you suppose those characteristics originated?”

Gabriel answered a little sheepishly, “From you, Sir?”

God persisted, “That’s right. Humans were made in the image of my Son and me. Much of their personalities come from our likeness. Gabriel and Jesus did an excellent job with that. Now then,” returning his attention to the new arrivals to the group, God said, “now, Zerub, tell us where you finally found Enoch.”

The messenger angel spoke up confidently having fully recovered his breath, “In Rainbow Bridge giving Sam a belly rub.”

Enoch took up the narration, “If I may, Sir, Sam is the cutest, friendliest beagle puppy. He loves to play fetch and have his stomach rubbed. I guess we’ve kind of adopted each other.”

God broke in, “Wonderful, Enoch! Now let’s get right down to the reason we sent for you. Please, won’t you and Zerub take a seat and relax while we fill you in on the current state of affairs on earth.”



[to be continued]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

As Earth Churns...33.The Throne Room

As Earth Churns…30. The Planning Room