As Earth Churns...33.The Throne Room

 [Author’s Note: It’s been over 2.5 months since I last published an episode in this serial book blog. Hopefully this will put me back on track. Procrastination has always been one of my greatest achievements. Laurel Dunn Burton contributed to this episode.]

 

The Father and Son stood in the middle of the Throne Room. Jesus was speaking, “Father, didn’t Raphael do a marvelous job announcing and then reporting on the opening of the Bark Park?”

            “He did at that!” God replied. “Enoch was pleased to see not one, but two front page articles all about his Canine Creation.”

            “I’ll bet Sam enjoyed playing with all the other dogs,” Jesus added.

            “I’m sure he did,” God stated. “Now, Son, what do you say we continue our conservation about that NEXT BIG THING?”

            “You mean about Noah, the Ark, and the obliteration of most of the people and animals living on the Earth?” Jesus inquired.

            “That’s right. It’s about time we finalized our plans. I want us to take this giant step together.”

            “Thanks, Father,” Jesus uttered somberly. God and Jesus moved to their thrones which were adjacent to each other. God sat back comfortably, resigned to the coming events. Jesus leaned forward on the very edge of his seat. He didn’t wait for his father to continue the discussion.

            “Father, Gabriel and I have been taking a lot about who and how to deal with Noah. We think you should be the one to go down and tell Noah. He knows you so well and walks with you daily.”

            God acknowledged, “I agree. Noah may not be too surprised to find that we are going to destroy everything and begin anew with just his family and him. He knows how evil people have become. Honestly, it might be a relief to him, because he’s tried to reach people to tell them about me, but they just don’t listen. He will take the news well if it comes directly from me. He needs details after being filled in about the Big Picture. I’ll initiate the communication and then leave the specifics to you.”

            “That’s great! I’m ready for the task. Would it be all right if I included Gabriel and Michael as we implement these plans?” asked Jesus.

            “Of course, Son; in fact, I’ve already informed both of them of the upcoming events,” answered the Father. “Gabriel has worked on the plans for the Ark, habitats for people and animals, food delivery, sanitation, and even the appearance of the rainbow after the flood.”

            Jesus interrupted, “He has been amazing just as he was during the planning for Creation. We make a great team.”

            “You do! And Michael and his Angel Army will have a major tole in protecting Noah and his family from all the evil humans who may work with Satan to protest violently and try to thwart the construction project,” God concluded.

            “His soldiers will be helpful not only in defense, but also in collection of materials for the Ark, food for humans and beasts, and herding the animals in the final days before the flooding begins,” suggested Jesus.

            “That’s right, Son. Michael has already prepped his men as to the multi-task nature of their assignment,” affirmed the Father.

            “So, when and where will you talk with Noah?” Jesus asked the important question.

            Soon. I’ll keep those details to myself for the moment. I’m actually heading down to Earth in the next few hours,” God answered his son.

            “That’s great!” Jesus exclaimed. “Gabriel, Michael, and I will be ready to take over when you return.”

            “I know you will be, Son. By the way, did you see Raphael’s new column in the Heavenly Herald?” God asked.

            “You mean “In Other News…”? Jesus queried. “Sure did! I noticed that you made a decision on the longevity of life for mankind. I remember our chatting about that some time ago.”

            God continued, “Yes, I liked your idea of shortening man’s lifespan from about 900 years to 120 years. But I really enjoyed reading Raphael’s update about Noah and his wife having three sons during the last several years.”

            Jesus added exuberantly, “Enoch was excited for the news of the births of his great, great, great grandsons.”

            “I’m sure he was,” God agreed. “That’s good news worth celebrating.”

            “You should’ve seen Sam and him jumping and shouting all over the Bark Park. Of course, Sam was barking instead of shouting. All the angels with their adopted dogs in the park were joining in on the party. It was quite the event.” Jesus stopped to take a breath.

            God interjected, “I did see all that. It was a spectacle indeed. Something about which to become enthralled.

            Jesus jumped back in, “And just think of the incredible assistance those three boys will be to Noah as they construct the Ark together!”

            God ended the meeting, “That’s a fact, Son. We’ll talk again when I return from speaking with Noah.”

            “Father, congratulate him for me on those births!”

            “I will, Son. See you soon.”

            Jesus waved, “Goodbye, Father!”

 

 

[to be continued]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

As Earth Churns…30. The Planning Room

As Earth Churns…27a. The Throne Room