As Earth Churns…26b. Enoch’s Room

"You can choose to sing in the choir, help construct dwelling rooms for other humans, assist me with the gathering and writing of the news in the Herald, or even visit Rainbow Bridge."

"Rainbow Bridge? What’s that?" Enoch inquired.

"That is an amazing part of heaven created specially by Jesus. Dogs, as well as some other animals, that have been the fond companions of humans on earth are given a special place her in heaven. They are free to romp and play with no worries of predators or other dangers they frequently faced on earth, while they wait for their masters to arrive someday. They can be adopted by angels or even by you,” Rafael concluded with a big smile.

“But I never had any special animals in all my 365 years of life,” Enoch reminisced.

“I know that, Enoch,” Rafael continued. “It’s a choice as with everything else in heaven or back on earth. You may find you are really attracted to a pet.”

“Pet?” Enoch raised an eyebrow.

“Yes, pet,” explained the reporter. “That’s what mankind will learn to call the creatures on earth that he adopts as special animal friends. Over the years these will mostly be dogs or cats or even sometimes horses or the occasional other domesticated creature. It’s all up to you. Check out Rainbow Bridge sometime. You might like it. Jesus created it himself.

“That’s amazing!” Enoch stated.

“Yes, it certainly is,” Rafael agreed. “Now, my friend, what’s the next question on your mind?”



Enoch paused for a moment before asking, “How about food? The finger foods at the celebration were all delicious. I feel as though I stuffed myself, but I never felt bloated like I used to on earth after I…uh…”

“Pigged out?” Rafael suggested. When Enoch looked at him with a blank stare, he continued. “Another future mankind saying. Pigged out means to eat until it hurts and you’re so full you can’t eat another bite…then you do anyway, because all the food looks so delectable.”

“I remember when various families would gather together for buffets and potlucks on earth; I would eat and eat. I did the same thing at the celebration. I ate so much and still didn’t feel uncomfortable at all?” Enoch sounded incredulous.

“This is heaven,” Rafael explained. “Food is like R & R. It is more for enjoyment than sustenance. You may have noticed the two special trees on either side of the River of Life right in the middle of heaven? These are the Trees of Life. One has always been here; the other was transplanted from the Garden of Eden after Adam and Eve sinned and were expelled from that perfect paradise.”

Enoch said nodding, “I remember the story my grandfather Mahalelel used to tell me.”

“Right,” the angel went on. “Well, those trees grow blossoms every month or so that turn into different fruit. It’s all part of the variety that Jesus planned for earth and heaven a long time ago. Feel free to pluck and taste any of the fruit from those trees or any other of the flora of heaven. They are all here for the gratification of all.”

“It’s all so incredible,” sighed the human. “Could we continue this session later?”

Rafael inquired, “Getting a little brain weary from our Q & A?”

Enoch chuckled, “You mean this question and answer session?”

Rafael nodded, “You’re catching on nicely.”

Enoch said, “It is rather mind boggling. I think I might like to take advantage of some R & R here in my room. Then I might just take a stroll over to Rainbow Bridge. How do I find that, by the way?”

Rafael directed, “Jesus just had one of the angel construction teams put up signs last month in preparation for your arrival. Just turn left out of your door and follow the signs. If you have any difficulty, just inquire of any angel you meet. We are everywhere and each of us is assigned to help humans – just you for now – in any way necessary. So I’ll take my leave, Enoch. It has been a pleasure. We can continue this conversation any time. See you later, my friend.”

Enoch said, “Yes, later. Thanks for everything, Rafael.”

After a simple, “You’re welcome, Enoch,” Rafael departed the room leaving Enoch alone. The man had much to contemplate. He laid his head back and settled into the plush recliner.


[to be continued]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

As Earth Churns...33.The Throne Room

As Earth Churns…27a. The Throne Room

In the beginning…11e. Earth Overlook: Day Six