As Earth Churns…25a. The Heavenly Palace


Rafael approached the group of angels that had surrounded the human congregating just outside the Palace. Enoch was smiling nervously and answering their queries as well as he could. Some of the crowd noticed as the respected Heavenly Herald reporter loomed on their perimeter.

“Thanks, friends.” Rafael said. “If you will allow me into your circle, I have some questions to ask Enoch so all the heavenly host can read all about it.” The angels parted letting the journalist access to the first man in heaven.

Rafael stepped up with his hand extended. “My name is Rafael. I’m the chief reporter, editor, and publisher of the Heavenly Herald, our newspaper. How do you do, Enoch?”

“I’m doing well although it is all a little overwhelming,” replied Enoch shaking the angels outstretched hand. He responded favorably to Rafael’s smile and welcoming countenance.

“I can understand why you might be a little nervous in these surroundings,” continued Rafael. “Are you feeling all alone and isolated being the only human in heaven.”

“Not at all,” Enoch stated. “Everyone has been so caring and congenial. I am somewhat surprised by one thing though.”

“What’s that?” questioned the angel.

“Well, this is the first time I’ve been separated from my family in a few hundred years; and while I remember them well and fondly, I don’t seem to miss my wife and kids.”

“You have God to thank for that,” the reporter explained.

“How’s that?” asked the human.

“The Father explained it to me when I first reported to him about my observing your close walk with Him,” Rafael continued. “He told me that, as humans were admitted to heaven, they would remember all that occurred on Earth; but they wouldn’t miss their families as that would cause them to be constantly sad. There is no sadness or sorrow in heaven.”

“Wow!” Enoch expressed. “God thought of everything. I even have a beautiful room that seems to have been made especially for me.”

“What do you mean, Enoch?” the journalist inquired.

The man continued, “It has all my favorite colors and furniture that seems to fit me perfectly. The pillow on the bed and the recliner are just right.”

“That is probably Jesus’ doing,” Rafael explained.

“Jesus? Who’s that?” Enoch asked.

“I guess you haven’t met Him yet,” the angel clarified. “Jesus is the only begotten Son of God. He is incredibly special. He helped the Father with all of the creation including mankind. He’s just a lad, but he has an extremely bright future.”

“I’m very eager to meet him,” Enoch assured his listener.

Just then there was a stirring in the outer ring of the angel audience. Rafael looked up and spotted Jesus approaching them with his usual compassion smile.

Rafael affirmed, “Enoch, I believe you are about to get your wish.”


[to be continued]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

As Earth Churns...33.The Throne Room

As Earth Churns…30. The Planning Room

In the beginning...2a. Throne Room