As Earth Churns…21b. Earth Overlook

Raphael quickly interjected, “Jesus, can you relate more details of what you and God talked about regarding my new job?”

“Certainly,” Jesus stated gladly. “As editor-in-chief of the Heavenly Herald, we would like you to interview heavenly beings, including myself or even the Father, returning from Earth after their missions are completed. Then compose the stories, print copies of them, and distribute them to locations where other angels can read them at their leisure – on their breaks from work. How does that sound to you?”

“Sounds great!” exclaimed the new editor. “But may I continue to write about what I observe from the overlook?”

“Of course,” affirmed Jesus. “And you may even play the skilled investigative reporter when no others are on Earth missions.”

“You mean?” Raphael hesitated inquisitively.

“That’s right,” Jesus enlightened the increasingly excited angel. “You may go to Earth and find your own stories.”

“For real?” he nearly yelled those last words.

Jesus laughed wholeheartedly now, “Yes, Raphael, my father and I discussed it and agreed you deserve that privilege with some limitations.”

“Let me guess,” Raphael pondered. “As long as I don’t directly interact with mankind.”

“Nor Lucifer and his angels either,” Jesus reminded him.

“I plan to stay as far away from them as I can,” Raphael guaranteed him.

“Good,” Jesus confirmed. “Remember the initial condition still applies as well.”

“You mean I don’t go to Earth if any from our heavenly realm is on a mission?” he inquired.

“Exactly correct, Raphael,” Jesus said. “Does all this suit you?”

“I understand perfectly! None of it’s a problem. It couldn’t be better; it’s like a dream come true,” Raphael stated gratefully.

“Outstanding!” Jesus encouraged. “Here is a portfolio equipped with writing implements and notebooks to get you started. God created these and now we have a small group of angels manufacturing them periodically. They will be your assistants in making and distributing copies of the Heavenly Herald. I hope you are okay with that name for the stories and interviews you will write?”

“The name is just right,” Raphael agreed. “Jesus, this is all just too incredible. Thank you so much! And please relay my gratitude to your father the next time you see him?”

“Why don’t you go to the palace right now and deliver that message yourself? My mission on Earth will take awhile, and I’m sure you will be back here by the time I return.”

“Sure thing; and thanks again.” With that Raphael hurried toward the bridge over the River of Life. Jesus immediately stepped over the railing and floated to Earth.



[to be continued]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

As Earth Churns...33.The Throne Room

As Earth Churns…30. The Planning Room

In the beginning...2a. Throne Room